Pages created for inclusion in the first (2018) ECOLISE status report.
ECOLISE 2018 Status Report Publication on “European community-led action on climate change and sustainability” a research state-of-the-art -
Vision Compile and highlight the existing scientific evidence of the nature, activity, outcomes and impacts/legacy of community-led initiatives and projects in Europe by March 2018
Mission Support technologically and facilitation wise the collaboration between Academics and Community-Based Initiatives (CBI) Networks on building a long-lasting platform that will compile, synthesise and assess the role of these CBIs.
Target audience: 1) ECOLISE members, Academics, Researchers, EU and National Government scientific advisors; 2) EU/EC members, Governmental bodies, Funders, National Institutions, Policy and Decision-makers, environmental organisations; 3) Civil society, practitioners.
Style: IPCC type of report focused on Community-Based initiatives towards sustainability and Climate Action. Academic style with research evidence.
Metadata assessment will aggregate the total statistics of outcomes, outputs, achievements and key highlights from local sustainability initiatives to give them greater visibility, political recognition and to attract funding & resources for further work.
Boundaries: (what is will be not)
Layout characteristics: A4, 40-100 pages, colour, English, size 11 or 12.
Diverse Topics to Discuss: Translation to different languages of the Executive Summary (even if decided later on). Also a poster version or Infographic short booklet or leaflet. Funding for printing XXX copies? Make it available online in a pdf version. This report will also feed a scientific review article and a book chapter (lead by Gill Seyfang)
Table of Contents:
1. Foreword/intro(s) (1 or 2 pages - 1 or 2 invited high level people, respectively) Who? Aim: Clearly communicate why report is important now and in the context of Europe.
2. Introduction & contextualisation (1 or 2 pages) Aim: Build the storyline and inter-dependency between: ECOLISE; CLLD (Community Led Local Development); Sustainability; Resilience; Transformation; Transition, Sustainable Development Goals and COP 21, ...
3. European State-of-the-Art CCLD (10 to 15 pages) Overview of community-led action on climate change and sustainability in Europe (including map of initiatives, tables with key stats, facts..) Number of initiatives; themes and initiatives per theme; number of people engaged / involved; hours of work; money created/complementary funds/alternative currency or credits/voluntary equivalent; number of businesses created; jobs/positions created; number of spinoffs/follow on initiatives; new audiences captured; new spaces created; environmental indicators (reduce carbon emission or capture, etc…); public funds saved through CLLD.
4. By Country (2-4 pages??) Country round-up: short reports on activities by Member State (could be in Table form)
5. Success, Replication, Scaling-Up and Indicators (max 6 pages) Key areas of action (themes, illustrated with examples): energy, food production, mobility, construction, with data to support impacts where possible (see Ecovillage Measuring Impacts Working Group, TN/Oxford University evaluations, etc..) Mention here some of the highlights of EU and national projects. Why CLLD matters & future potential. Dissemination, replication, upscaling potential and concrete opportunities. Link back to Sustainable Development Goals, COP 21 and other principles listed in introduction. Explicitly demonstrate why this is important in the pathway for sustainability.
6. Future perspectives (max 6 pages) Policy and Action recommendations - taking some also from EU and national projects but also ECOLISE general policy recommendations and highlight of planned/expected future actions. Trends, major projects/initiatives in development or ongoing, Barriers & enablers & what can be done to progress / implement this agenda further.
7. References and Further Reading (max 2 pages)
8. Book editorial and team
9. Back Cover Aim: Communicate the key message of the report. Should be an infographic of this report.
Next steps: This document can be supported Specific Design process for this document (establishes methodologies) Finding and adding the “literature” to Zotero Add and Complement the Notes on Zotero “Literature” to be used to produce the content on the Wiki Wiki will start compiling information (benefiting from IVA’s policy document)
Pages in category "Status Report"
The following 75 pages are in this category, out of 75 total.
- Community-led action on sustainability and climate change in Europe
- Community-led initiatives
- Community-led initiatives and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Community-led initiatives in Albania
- Community-led initiatives in Austria
- Community-led initiatives in Belgium
- Community-led initiatives in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Community-led initiatives in Britain
- Community-led initiatives in Bulgaria
- Community-led initiatives in Croatia
- Community-led initiatives in Cyprus
- Community-led initiatives in Denmark
- Community-led initiatives in Estonia
- Community-led initiatives in Finland
- Community-led initiatives in France
- Community-led initiatives in Germany
- Community-led initiatives in Greece
- Community-led initiatives in Hungary
- Community-led initiatives in Iceland
- Community-led initiatives in Ireland
- Community-led initiatives in Italy
- Community-led initiatives in Latvia
- Community-led initiatives in Lithuania
- Community-led initiatives in Luxembourg
- Community-led initiatives in Macedonia
- Community-led initiatives in Malta
- Community-led initiatives in Montenegro
- Community-led initiatives in Norway
- Community-led initiatives in Poland
- Community-led initiatives in Portugal
- Community-led initiatives in Romania
- Community-led initiatives in Serbia
- Community-led initiatives in Slovakia
- Community-led initiatives in Slovenia
- Community-led initiatives in Spain
- Community-led initiatives in Sweden
- Community-led initiatives in Switzerland
- Community-led initiatives in the Czech Republic
- Community-led initiatives in the Netherlands
- Country page template
- Sicilia Integra
- Social innovation
- Solidarity economics
- Solidarity economy
- Solidarity economy in France
- Solidarity economy in Italy
- Solidarity movement and solidarity economy in Greece
- Status report
- Status Report 2019
- Success and failure of community-led initiatives
- Sustainability as a policy driver
- Sustainability transitions
- Sustainable Development Goal 1: No poverty
- Sustainable Development Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Sustainable Development Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education
- Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Sustainable Development Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation
- Sustainable Development Goal 7: Affordable and clean energy
- Sustainable Development Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
- Sustainable Development Goals