Community-led initiatives in Austria
Transition in Austria
Main page: Transition in Austria
The Transition Network lists 4 initiatives in Austria.
Permaculture in Austria
Main page: Permaculture in Austria
Ecovillages in Austria
Main page: Ecovillages in Austria
The Global Ecovillage Network (GEN) lists 10 projects in their database. This number is however only reflecting the projects that have registered themselves on the database. The ecovillage database contains ecovillage projects of all sizes and in all stages of development.
Community Energy in Austria
Main page: Community energy in Austria
Solidarity Economy in Austria
Main page: Solidarity economy in Austria
Community Food Production in Austria
Main page: Community Food Production in Austria
According to URGENCI, the International Network for Community Supported Agriculture, Austria has the highest share of organically cultivated area worldwide.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in Austria
The first CSA farm, GeLa Ochsenherz, was started in 2011. In 2016, there are about 26 active CSAs, which are organized in an informal network and providing for approximately 1500 eaters. A cooperation between the organic farmers’ association, Bio-Austria, and the federal government of upper Austria has been established in 2014 “to actively inform farmers and consumers about alternative food networks like foodcoops and CSAs”. A CSA information booklet was created by students of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Vienna, adressing consumers, producers and offering contacts and further information”.
Collaboration with Local Government
Intersections and Interactions
- https://transitionnetwork.org/transition-near-me/initiatives/. Accessed on June 10th 2018
- https://ecovillage.org/projects. Accessed on May 23rd 2018
- Volz, P., Weckenbrock, P., Cressot, N. & Parot, J. European CSA Research Group (2016): Overview of Community Supported Agriculture in Europe. https://urgenci.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Overview-of-Community-Supported-Agriculture-in-Europe.pdf. Accessed on June 7th 2018
- www.bio-austria.at/aaz. Accessed on June 7th 2018
- www.ernährungssouveränität.at/es-wiki/images/3/32/CSA- Broschuere_AT_Kons.pdf. Accessed on June 7th 2018