Knowledge and learning
The foundation of the Knowledge and Learning pillar is the realisation that processes of collective action learning are at the heart of everything that community-led initiatives do. These learning processes, which may be formal or informal, take place at all levels: within task groups implementing specific projects, in the ongoing development of any local initiative, and in the emergence and operations of the wider networks that link and support initiatives at regional, national and international scales. ECOLISE itself seeks to operate as a learning organisation, and to support its members to develop to the fullest possible extent their nature as learning networks.
The Knowledge and Learning team supports these aims through activities in several areas:
- Liaising and consulting closely with member organisations to help understand, articulate and seek to address their needs concerning access to and usage of information
- Developing shared resources for the generation, documentation and communicate of relevant knowledge, collectively forming a knowledge commons
- Compiling, linking and finding synergies among relevant activities already undertaken by member organisations, particularly educational offerings and research-related activities
- Supporting specialised members with expertise and standing in relevant fields to make these more readily available to organisations, initiatives and projects throughout the network
- Initiating and joining new projects and help address documentation and reporting needs at all levels throughout our networks