Talk:Sustainable Development Goal 14: Life below water
- Reduction in direct sources of pollution (e.g. use and disposal of plastics, chemicals, human wastes)
- General in terms of lifestyle change
- Specific efforts, e.g. Campania
- Reduced dependency on industrial processes that damage marine life:
- Lower energy needs - offshore oil exploitation and windfarms
- Localization of food production and dietary choices - unsustainable harvesting of marine life
- Examples of initiatives coastal communities with sea-based livelihoods?
Could cite co-management approaches to marine resource management in Oceania etc. and role of local knowledge - as a potential model for community-led planning and management in coastal communities dependent on the sea as an economic resource, drawing on local knowledge and the collaboration skills of CLIs.